Sri Lankan Spicy Crab Curry
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion
4 garlic cloves
2 tbsp ginger
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 can coconut milk
½ cup tamarind sauce
2 large or 4 small crabs (clean and rinsed)
Salt to taste
1. Chop the onion, slice the garlic, and mince the ginger.
2. Heat the oil in a cooking pan and add onions. Sauté ontions until they get soft and translucent.
3. Add garlic and ginger. Stir and fry for about one minute.
4. Add the crabs.
5. Add tamarind sauce
6. Add salt, turmeric powder, and curry powder.
7. Add the coconut milk. Mix everything well.
8. Cook covered under the high flame for 10 minutes.
9. Open the lid and mix well. Lower heat, continue to cook covered for 10 more minutes or until fully cooked.
10. Taste the gravy and adjust salt if needed.
11. Serve and enjoy this delicious spicy crab curry with rice or naan.