In compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Document Act (PIPEDA), Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and Health Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) this message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this electronic message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error or it was forwarded to you without permission, please forward this message back to the sender at the email address above, delete this message from all mailboxes and any other electronic storage medium and destroy all copies. Than you.
If you are a client: Because you have chosen to communicate Patient Identifiable Information by e-mail, you are consenting to associated e-mail risks. Please note that e-mail is not secure and it cannot be guaranteed that the information transmitted will remain confidential.
To help protect your personal data, we take precautions by following industry best practices , making sure your information is not inappropriately accessed, altered, disclosed, destroyed, misused or misplaced.
COOKING CLASSES POLICIES:
In consideration of the opportunity to participate in Dahlia Nutrition cooking class(es), the receipt and
sufficiency which is hereby acknowledged:
1. You confirm that your participation in the cooking classes is voluntary. You are in good health and suffer from no physical or mental condition that would make you especially susceptible to injury or illness while participating in the cooking classes, except as otherwise disclosed to Dahlia Nutrition staff.
2. You understand that:
a. it is your responsibility to inform Dahlia Nutrition staff of any allergies and special needs that you may have, prior to your participation in the cooking class(es);
b. culinary activities such as cooking classes at Dahlia Nutrition have certain risks, dangers and hazards (“Risks”) and you assume full responsibility for all such Risks associated therewith and for any and all liability, injury, loss or damage which you may suffer or incur or cause to others as a result of your participation in the cooking classes.
c. alcohol may be served during the cooking classes and that the consumption of alcohol may exacerbate the Risks and you accept personal responsibility for any liability, injury, loss, or damage that may arise from the consumption of alcohol.
3. You hereby waive, release, and forever discharge Dahlia Nutrition and its affiliated entities, parent companies, subsidiaries, employees, shareholders, officers, directors, managers and insurers (the “Releasees”) from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including, without limiting to, solicitor/client fees) for any injuries, losses or damages in any way arising out of my participation in the cooking classes.
4. You agree to defend and indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims of any kind whatsoever and in any way arising out of my participation in the cooking classes.
5. This policy shall ensure and be binding on my heirs, beneficiaries, personal representatives, and assigns.
6. If any provision of this Waiver is for any reason declared to be invalid or enforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected. This is a waiver and release of liability. You acknowledge that you have read and understood this document, that you are waiving certain legal rights which you or your heirs, next-of-kin, executors, administrators, assigns, and other representatives may have against Dahlia Nutrition, and that you are providing a release of liability for Dahlia Nutrition and its agents and affiliated entities.
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
All services may be paid with a credit card prior to the start of the service.
The services of a Registered Dietitian are not covered by Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). Some private insurance carriers do cover some of the cost. Check your private insurance carrier for details.
We do not do directly billing, we can provide you with a receipt with details of your visit; however it is your responsibility for submitting costs to your insurance company.
Registered Dietitians in Ontario are classified as “Authorized Medical Practitioner.” Retain your receipt and you may be able to claim the fees as non-refundable tax credit for medical expenses, from the government. Visit Canada
Revenue Agency's website for more details.
All appointment cancellations must be completed 24 hours in advance. Failure to cancel within 24 hours or no shows will result in being charged the full price of the session
Appointments start on time. If I am late, I may use the remaining time of my appointment but not beyond that. I will be required to pay for the entire cost of the visit.
Unpaid balances in excess of 30 days will be subject to a service charge of 1.5% per month.
I have an obligation to pay my account in full 30 days from the scheduled date of service. If I do not pay my account in full within this time period I acknowledge my credit card will be charged for the remaining balance.
If you have an outstanding balance after 30 days, collection proceedings will be initiated. You will be responsible for the cost of the collection proceedings (including any associated attorney fees, filing fees, and court costs).
Dahlia Nutrition requires I provide my credit card information to be held on file.
Dahlia Nutrition, in common with many website operators, may use standard technology called "cookies" on its Sites. Cookies are small data files that are downloaded onto your computer when you visit a particular website. You can disable cookies by turning them off in your browser; however, some areas of the Sites may not function properly if you do so. You can access up-to-date information regarding blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(1) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(2) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN ONLINE
Dahlia Nutrition considers the protection of children's privacy, especially online, to be of the utmost importance. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children nor do we allow them to become registered users of, or to request information through, our Sites or help-seeking information line