Mussels in a garlic and parsley wine sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion
4 garlic cloves
1 cup white wine
2 cups chicken or vegetables broth
½ cup chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
2 lbs mussels
1. Chop the onion, mince the garlic and chop the parsley. Set aside.
2. In a large pot, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft and aromatic
3. Add white wine and cook for 2 minutes
4. Add broth, parsley, salt and pepper and stir
5. Add mussels and stir. Cover and cook on medium heat until they open, about 10 minutes.
6. Serve with broth in a bowl with a slice of toasted French baguette.
Note: Do not consume mussels that did not open up after cooking.