3 servings, Dairy, Gluten & Egg free
200-grams of medium to thick poha (flattened rice)
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
4 curry leaves
2 finely chopped green chillies
7-8 roasted peanuts
1 medium onion chopped
1/2 tsp each of turmeric and sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 large potato - small cube chopped
1/2 bunch coriander chopped
1. Rinse the poha under running water using a strainer. Let it sit for a while so that it doesn't become sticky.
2. Heat the pan and then add oil. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillies, peanuts and onions. Saute until the onions turn golden brown.
3. Add turmeric, sugar and salt and saute it for another 30 seconds.
4. Add the potatoes and let the mixture cook under medium heat until the potatoes are semi-soft.
5. Add poha into the pan and stir the mixture well until the added ingredients are mixed evenly.
6. Cover the pan and let it cook under low heat until the poha becomes hot. Stir occassionally to prevent burning.
7. For garnish, add squeezed lemon all over and/or sprinkle chopped coriander and/or add bhujiya if you like crispiness. Serve hot with Indian tea for a perfect breakfast/snack!