Easy Beet Salad
2 medium beets or 1 can sliced beets
¼ red onion
¼ cup cilantro
Lemon zest dressing (recipe below)
¼ cup feta cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1. Cut beets in 2” pieces and add to a large bowl.
2. Slice red onions and add to beets in bowl.
3. Chop cilantro including leaves and stem and add to bowl.
4. In a jar, add minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Seal the jar and shake all ingredients together then pour over beet mixture in bowl.
5. Top with feta cheese. Other optional toppings include arugula, goat cheese, chickpeas, avocado.